Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 1.1

Creator of The Blockheads majicDave's Avatar

Version 1.1

Hey everyone

It's been an absolutely amazing launch, with over 3.5 million downloads so far, and counting!

So that's great! With so many people playing and enjoying The Blockheads, I can focus my efforts entirely on adding new stuff! It was always my goal to get to the 1.0 release with just enough content to keep everyone going until I can start releasing updates with more to do. So I've already been working hard on the first content update, and it's just entering the testing phase now.

So you can expect the update in a couple of weeks. I've cut back on the new features a little, as I wanted to get the world corruption bugs sorted ASAP, so decided to rush it out a week or so earlier than planned. But there are still some great new additions.

I'll post the complete list of changes closer to the time it gets released. But there is a new compost block type that you can craft to make plants and trees grow faster, a new kelp plant that grows in water, and some new waterproof lanterns that you craft from steel and glass instead of clay. And there's another new block type to build with and a few other new items to craft and use too.

Hopefully it won't be too far off. It's great to see people enjoying the game, and I'm loving seeing all your creations. It's looking like The Blockheads has a long and bright future ahead!

UPDATE - It's out now, go get it!

Surface Miner
    KELP!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/Mxwqcsh.gif (Wouldn't let me upload pic)

Can we make mustaches? xD

Note: Please don't use this thread to make suggestions
    The place for these has always been the Suggestions forum. With the next update about to enter the testing phase, now is not the time to be adding features to it.

Wooooo! So exciting! I'm sure the compost block will hp out those people trying farm coffee cherry trees up in the North Pole or whatever. Kelp sounds interesting and I'll need to make a spot in my farm for them. Those new lanterns will also prove useful for those people that like digging under an ocean, but will the light emitted be the same or more?
    -mingo888
    I'm just a guy here trying to relax and help out with these forums. If you have any questions about these forums or The Blockheads feel free to ask or pm me.
    The Blockhead's Beginners Guide can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by mingo888 View Post
    but will the light emitted be the same or more?
    The light emitted from steel lanterns will be a little brighter and travel further than clay lanterns. But in the update, all artificial light will travel about half as far through water. Still the same through air/glass though.

Oh ok. Sounds good.
    -mingo888
    I'm just a guy here trying to relax and help out with these forums. If you have any questions about these forums or The Blockheads feel free to ask or pm me.
    The Blockhead's Beginners Guide can be found here.

Newly Through the Portal
    Quote Originally Posted by majicDave View Post
    The light emitted from steel lanterns will be a little brighter and travel further than clay lanterns. But in the update, all artificial light will travel about half as far through water. Still the same through air/glass though.
    Could you allow a weaker version with weaker metals like tin and copper? There are no real uses for them as soon as steel comes into play.

Newly Through the Portal Mypsie87's Avatar
    Will there be some fixes on the way as well? Like, falling windows in our greenhouses?

Newly Through the Portal
    Will the game allow more than two players at once ? Atleast 3 or 4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonStylinson View Post
    Will the game allow more than two players at once ? Atleast 3 or 4 ?
    Not in this update, or probably the next. But I'd love to have a lot more players at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mypsie87 View Post
    Will there be some fixes on the way as well? Like, falling windows in our greenhouses?
    There are quite a few fixes. I haven't tested the windows vs. trees bug in the update yet, but hopefully it should be fixed. The ice vs. paint bug might have to wait until another update, I'm still not sure how best to fix that one.

Quote Originally Posted by tortuga View Post
    Could you allow a weaker version with weaker metals like tin and copper? There are no real uses for them as soon as steel comes into play.
    I don't want too many types of lantern/torch in the game just yet, it could get a bit confusing. But in later updates I have a few plans for new items to use tin/copper/bronze.