Surface Miner

Can boats break?

I was just wondering. I would be sad if i had to swim over the ocean if my boat was gone

Quote Originally Posted by Loeziej View Post
    I was just wondering. I would be sad if i had to swim over the ocean if my boat was gone
    If you hit something while in your boat, you may get knocked out, but the boat will float.
    As of ver 1.1, when you drop something in water it will float to the surface.

Woodcrafter
    Whenever I hit the shoreline, my boat usually auto-shrinks and jumps back into my inventory. I've never lost a boat, but have had strange things happen while crossing water with a donkey...

What do you get when you cross water with donkey? (other than a wet a.s.s. :P)

Woodcrafter
    I had my game glitch when traversing a frozen ocean with a donkey. It's in the Bugs & Glitches forum.

http://theblockheads.net/forum/showt...Direction-Swap

Surface Miner
    But i mean break like a shovel or coat

I haven't had one break yet, but I always carry two- just in case. Two boats take up the same inventory space as one, and 2 cloth and 1 wood is cheap insurance.

Newly Through the Portal
    I don't know if it broke, but my boat just disappeared...right in the middle of a HUGE ocean. What sucked the most is my BH was completely out of energy at the time. It took a very long time to get him on shore.

I was sailing along, then I switched to another BH (he was in need of sleep) for a few moments. When I got back to my seafarer, he was floating around and no boat in sight. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeyerare View Post
    I don't know if it broke, but my boat just disappeared...right in the middle of a HUGE ocean. What sucked the most is my BH was completely out of energy at the time. It took a very long time to get him on shore.

I was sailing along, then I switched to another BH (he was in need of sleep) for a few moments. When I got back to my seafarer, he was floating around and no boat in sight. Go figure.
    Did you update to 1.1 yet? Your boat may have fallen to the bottom of the ocean if you're still on 1.0. Items float in 1.1.