Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Skilled Spelunker

How to connect to a server

This is accurate as of version 1.4. The way to connect to a server should now be extremely clear and self-evident, so this is no longer going to be updated.

Start by going to the main menu.

Name:  photo 1.PNG
Views: 190851
Size:  101.9 KB

Tap "MULTIPLAYER".

Name:  photo 2.PNG
Views: 189024
Size:  100.0 KB

Tap "JOIN GAME".

Name:  photo 3.PNG
Views: 188624
Size:  100.9 KB

Tap "ONLINE SERVER".

Name:  photo 4.PNG
Views: 187646
Size:  96.4 KB

To connect to a server, you'll need to know two things: the server's IP address or URL and the server's port.

By default, the IP is already entered. The default IP will not work. Any IP beginning with 192 will also not work. You need to find an IP of a server, such as in this forum.

Once you've entered the server's IP or URL, the port (use 15151 unless the owner states otherwise), your nickname, and an image for your avatar, tap "JOIN SERVER".

If the server is whitelisted, you may need to submit a request to join. Some server owners may be contacted by private messaging on the forums. On Blockserver-hosted servers, the world page (the "Info" option on the server list) may allow you to contact the owner.

All Blockheads are linked to your nickname. If you enter another nickname, it is like another profile for that server. Each nickname is linked to your device, but they can be shared between devices if they share an iCloud account, a Game Center account, a Google Play account, or a Amazon Game Circle account.

If you have problems connecting to a server, see Common server connection problems.
    Last edited by abcboy; July-03-2014 at 12:37 AM.

See my season and tree guide, paint color list, and my paint color estimator!

My time zone is UTC-5 (EST), or UTC-4 (EDT) when Daylight Saving Time is in effect in the U.S. Currently running iOS 7 on an iPad 2.

Newly Through the Portal CSK1LL's Avatar
    Excellent tutorial now we just need some servers to join...
    Game Center: CSK1LL
    Find me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/clishcrew

Skilled Spelunker
    Keep checking here and here for servers!
    Last edited by abcboy; June-26-2013 at 11:21 PM.

My time zone is UTC-5 (EST), or UTC-4 (EDT) when Daylight Saving Time is in effect in the U.S. Currently running iOS 7 on an iPad 2.

Quote Originally Posted by abcboy View Post
    If when connecting to a server, the screen appears similar to what's above and stays that way, the server either doesn't exist, or is offline. To go back to the menu, exit the app by tapping the Home Button once. Open the Multitasking Bar by tapping the Home Button twice. Hold your finger on the "The Blockheads" app icon until a red minus sign appears. Once it appears, tap it to close the app. You can then reopen the app, and it will launch into the JOIN ONLINE SERVER screen, where you can figure out what went wrong.
    Hi, I think there is a best way to go back... just move and change your device orientation to landscape or portrait.

Skilled Spelunker
    Quote Originally Posted by Block_Light_Bulb View Post
    Hi, I think there is a best way to go back... just move and change your device orientation to landscape or portrait.
    Thanks! I'll be adding that.

Quote Originally Posted by Block_Light_Bulb View Post
    Yup! It's my favorite...er..tool, now! Hahah.
    Coming Soon: Aceland Amethyst 1.6!
    To celebrate the Grand (Re)(Re?)Opening of Aceland Amethyst and the 1.6 Update, the first 20 players* who join will get a 1.6 "Starter Set" - a safe full of all the new items...and more!
    *Obviously, there will be some restrictions...

More details will be posted in the
    Aceland Thread soon!

PM me for an whitelist request to SIZZERPIA!!!!
    It is a brand new server that I have just opened
    We are looking for respectful and fun people to join! also ADMINS! thank you!

Newly Through the Portal
    I can't log into any server.. it's says it siconnected but I know that the server is online... what to do?

Newly Through the Portal
    Thanks for telling me but i understand about if that is a real server
    But still thanks for the method and i want some friends so can u plz become my friend?

For the normal server app, does your connection depend upon the distance from the host? I have some people from Australia trying to get on a server of mine in California, but they can't seem to connect while people in Europe can... hmm.
    Sleeping in Golden Beds
    Device: iphone 4s
    Playing on the greatest servers: Manhattan, Emerald, City-of-Troy, and UnAceland
    Apply for Manhattan!