Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
    BlockServer.net operator

Cool BlockServer.net: Dedicated The Blockheads hosting for your worlds

We're pleased to announce BlockServer.net, the dedicated Blockheads hosting service. You can now run Blockheads worlds without needing to understand any of complex server setup, instantly start servers whenever you like.

UPDATED: BlockServer.net has now launched with full black/white list support as well as a bunch of other features, we're continuing to add new features each week, so let us know what you'd like to see.

If you have an existing world that you'd like to put on our servers let me know and I'll get it uploaded for you otherwise go create something new!

Feel free to post questions or suggestions, we're listening.

NOTE: BlockServer.net is in no way affiliated with Majic Jungle Software, we're completely separate.

Thanks
    Last edited by zhaus; July-27-2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: add links to BlockServer.net

Newly Through the Portal
    how do u join it

Menace of Dodos
    WOW! no charge during beta!!!!!!but the pricing is ambiguous you said that there is no fixed rate yet say that its 20cents a day

BlockServer.net operator
    Quote Originally Posted by teete View Post
    WOW! no charge during beta!!!!!!but the pricing is ambiguous you said that there is no fixed rate yet say that its 20cents a day
    When I say no fixed charge I mean you don't pay a monthly bill, you only pay for the days you have a server running. I might change that to no fixed monthly, thanks for the tip.

BlockServer.net operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Meepmaster View Post
    how do u join it
    Create an account by clicking signup top right, then create and start a world.

You can then connect to your game from The Blockheads using the name and port the site provides.

Edit: I've improved the description of the server and the port on the console.
    Last edited by zhaus; July-06-2013 at 12:52 AM.

So if you get a beta account and make a free server, will you be charged once its out of beta? Or is your world free forever?

BlockServer.net operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy79 View Post
    So if you get a beta account and make a free server, will you be charged once its out of beta? Or is your world free forever?
    No unfortunately it is not free forever, beta testers will likely be given some reward, but at some point you will need to pay

Oh okay.

Newly Through the Portal
    Hello. I am very interested in this, but I have two questions. After beta has ended do we have any obligation to pay for our servers or can we end them right then and there. My other question is kind of stupid, but whenever you sign up and it asks for your name do you want our gamecenter name or our real name?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer1357924680 View Post
    Hello. I am very interested in this, but I have two questions. After beta has ended do we have any obligation to pay for our servers or can we end them right then and there. My other question is kind of stupid, but whenever you sign up and it asks for your name do you want our gamecenter name or our real name?
    The name should be your real name. (Confirmed by site dev.)

The payment system works like any prepaid service. As of now, when they go live, it will cost 20 cents a day to have your server turned on. Using paypal, you will charge your account with money. For example, let's say you put $6.00 on to your account. Every day you leave your server on, $0.20 will be deducted from your balance. Once you hit $0.00 and the system goes to deduct another day's charge, the server will be turned off until you put more money on the account. $6.00 is what it will cost to keep a server online for 30 days. System works very similarly to how a prepaid cell phone works.

When the beta ends, yes, you will need to start paying in order to keep your server turned on. There is no obligation to pay. You can beta test a world and then once the beta is over, just not pay to have your server turned on. However, think of all your players that were having such fun! You wouldn't want to do that to them would you?!

(Please note, I am not associated with the blockserver.net website. Information provided in this post comes from reading this thread, reading information on the blockserver.net website, and common sense. Anything I've said could change, as it's beta. If you have a burning question, you can go to their website and submit a contact request there and the dev team will e-mail you an answer.)
    Last edited by Eadrom; July-06-2013 at 11:18 AM.